I’m excited to let y’all in on a brand I discovered: Angela & Roi. Not only are their bags high quality vegan leather and GORGEOUS, they give back! Donate by Color is the brand’s campaign to give $5 to the charity that corresponds to the color handbag you purchase. Since November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month, I thought it was only fitting to grab this neon tote supporting the cause. Talk about fashion meeting philanthropy! And when people ask you about your bag (which they will), it is the perfect opportunity to bring awareness to the cause. Win-win!
Since dubbing plaid and leopard neutrals, why not add neon to the mix? I wear a lot of gray, black, and white and like to add a pop of color in my accessories. This Angela & Roi tote is perfect for that. And I am pleasantly surprised at how much this bright bag goes with. The trick to adding neon to your fall and winter ensembles is by pairing it with chunky sweaters and dark hues. Add the neon as your accent piece to keep it from being so season-specific.
But don’t fret if brights aren’t your thing. If you’re more of a demure diva, check out their whole line of classic bags. Most are under $100 🙂
Happy Monday! These are a few more pics from last weekend on our drive up to Blowing Rock. The views off the Blue Ridge Parkway are beautiful!
This weekend we headed the opposite direction to explore Greenville, SC for the day. What a pretty city! We ate lunch at Mary’s which had a menu right out of my mother’s kitchen… hot chicken salad, pimento cheese, and fried green tomatoes. My favorites 🙂
I also booked my bi-yearly trip to NYC! I try to make a point of visiting the city once in the summer and once when it’s Santacon. I can’t wait to see the Christmas decorations, shop, and most importantly, spend time with my best friends. 30 days and counting!
I mentioned recently that I am am loving lucite and after seeing the clutches all over NYFW, I knew I had to have one myself. Unfortunately, these clear little boxes are deceivingly expensive. So… it’s time for another DIY!
1. Drill a hole at the top center of your plastic box with very light pressure. Make sure you use a drill bit that is just slightly larger than your knob. I got an experienced coworker to help me with this.
2. Use wire cutters to shorten the screw on your knob. It needs to be just slightly long enough to fit the washer and nut.
3. Screw it into the hole carefully, add the washer, and then tighten the nut around it.
4. Using your glue, add studs down the side. Be carefully not to apply too much glue or it will ooze out the sides and dry white. Allow to dry over night.
5. Optional, but I added a black leather pouch inside to keep my items hidden. Kind of defeats the purpose of a transparent clutch but hey, different strokes for different folks!