I mentioned recently that I am am loving lucite and after seeing the clutches all over NYFW, I knew I had to have one myself. Unfortunately, these clear little boxes are deceivingly expensive. So… it’s time for another DIY!
Materials: Hinged box (I got this exact one), E6000, Knob, Studs
1. Drill a hole at the top center of your plastic box with very light pressure. Make sure you use a drill bit that is just slightly larger than your knob. I got an experienced coworker to help me with this.
2. Use wire cutters to shorten the screw on your knob. It needs to be just slightly long enough to fit the washer and nut.
3. Screw it into the hole carefully, add the washer, and then tighten the nut around it.
4. Using your glue, add studs down the side. Be carefully not to apply too much glue or it will ooze out the sides and dry white. Allow to dry over night.
5. Optional, but I added a black leather pouch inside to keep my items hidden. Kind of defeats the purpose of a transparent clutch but hey, different strokes for different folks!
There are so many versions of this that I’m looking forward to trying. Next up will be this beautiful perfume clutch. Happy crafting!